Saturday 11th 2017

Track: Good
Penetrometer: N/A
Weather: Over cast
Rail: True
Stewards: D Westover (Chairman), R Hamilton, M Hurley, B Lysaght
Deputy Stewards:
Number of Races:
Number of Runners:
Stakes Paid:

Following inclement weather and heavy rainfall the Stewards and a delegation of senior riders conducted a track inspection and the decision was made at 1:40 pm by the Stewards to post-pone today’s meeting due to the following factors -

1)  Continuous rainfall had resulted in surface water on the track which rendered the course proper unsafe for racing

2)  The forecast of continued rainfall did not allow for consideration to delay the start of the programme

3)  The dark cloudy conditions created a visibility issue for jockeys

4)  The continued thunder and lightning activity posed an ongoing risk  

The riding group unanimously supported this decision.

Stewards in consultation with the TRNT CEO considered whether transferring the meeting to Sunday 12th was possible, but due to the forecast of continued inclement weather and rainfall overnight it was decided this was not a viable option.

Further communication will be distributed by TRNT when a decision has been made by the Board in relation to the postponement or otherwise of this race meeting.

D Westover

Alice Springs Chief Steward 

Stewards Reports

Next Racing

Alice Springs
16.12.2017 TBC
30.12.2017 TBC
Alice Springs
17.12.2017 TBC