All horses within the Territory are required to use colours which are registered. The requirements for the registration of colours are set out in NT115. All applications for registration of colours in the Northern Territory must be made through the Principal Club.
- The following 21 colours only will be permitted – White, Black, Ochre, Brown, Fawn, Blue, Light Blue, Apricot, Orange, Yellow, Fluoro Yellow, Purple, Lilac, Grey, Green, Light Green, Pink, Maroon, Red, Cerise, Tartan.
- Maximum of three colours in any one set of racing colours.
- Hoops, Stripes, Braces, V’s etc, must not be less than 5cm wide.
- Multiples, i.e. Spots, Stars, Armbands etc, must not be less than 10cm wide.
- Singles (that is front and back) i.e. Diamond, Maltese cross must not be less than 20cm in diameter.
- All other unusual motifs should use these sizes as a guide.
- All registered colours must be identical when viewed from back to front and side to side.
Three categories of colours are permitted;
Category A – Individual Persons or Registered Syndicates Restrictions;
Colours falling into category A may be registered in the Northern Territory or elsewhere as set out under the Local Rules.
1 year registration $110 inc GST
5 year registration $150 inc GST
Category B – Racing Syndications, Racing Stables or Studs;
Such persons may apply to have a design/ logo registered for use on horses raced in whole or in partnership by them. Designs must be approved but must not include registered logos or trademarks unless expressly registered to them.
Colours falling into Category B must be registered in the Northern Territory if the person under whose name they are registered in is a NT resident.
1 year registration $550 inc GST
Category C – Sponsors Colours
Sponsors must register colours subject to the approval of the design and may only be used on the sponsored day.
If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's web site www.adobe.com/products/reader/.
Design your own Race Colours at www.hylandsportswear.com.
If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's Website.